Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ron!

Ron's birthday was actually a couple weeks ago. We were in the middle of moving and he was also away for work, so we celebrated it this weekend. Because Ron really enjoys playing video games I made him a cake with pokemon characters. I know he and Kaeryn have played pokemon games so I thought this would be a fun cake to decorate.

I did forget to make the rice crispy treat trees earlier so they would be hardened and would stand up. But other than that we thought it turned great. Ron was very excited. Especially since I made him his favorite (my banana chocolatechip cake).
He was very excited about that. I also made him homade peanut clusters because he loves those also. For his special dinner I grilled chicken and made another favorite homade mac and cheese. I love to see him smile.
Kaeryn and Tristan each wanted to choose a gift for him. Kaeryn choose a pirate action figure because she knows that daddy likes pirates. They also have fun playing pirates together. Tristan choose a transformer for daddy. He like to play with daddy also. They were very excited to choose their own gifts for their daddy.
Jaxen and I gave him a video game. It's a game for the wii. He was excited because it was a game he had been looking at for awhile. He's had fun with it so far and it's been really cute. Each time he sat down to play Jaxen came right up and sat in his lap and watched him play. It's a role playing game so it tells a story. I think this will be the start of daddy playing video games with Jaxen. He has done so with both Kaeryn and Tristan and now he will start with Jaxen. It's so fun and just prescious to watch. I also got him a travel case for his psp since he travels alot for work. He likes to bring that with him so he can play a game and unwind before bed when he's away. Venezuela has a drink called toddy. We love it and we love it when Ron makes it for us. I know he enjoys making it also. So when I saw this milk shake maker I thought that would be a fun way for him to make toddy. Ron thought that was a fun gift also. He made us some yummy banana chocolate shakes! They were very good and I think he is looking forward to trying new things with it. I love to see have fun! We love you Ron! You are the best Daddy! You are the best Sweatheart ever! I love you so much and feel like i'm the luckiest to have you! I look forward to sharing another wonderful year with you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cake looks awesome! Please wish Ron a happy belated from Andy and me. And the kittens are sooo cute. I can't wait until we can get pets. I hope all is well!

casey