Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time to catch up! Sorry about that!

So I am in need of catching up the last few months. I actually developed a pinched nerve in my left leg back in the beginning of january. It started while we were driving down to pick up the kids for the weekend. At first it only bothered me while in the car. Then it progressed to the car and any other sitting place other than the couch or recliner. Those times I could just get up and walk around for a few minutes and it would feel better. I've had pinched nerves before and they usually only lasted a few days. I thought this would be the same, however, instead of getting better it only got worse. Needless to say it became so bad that my whole leg, even the bottom of my foot, hurt. And believe it or not, it was worse than labor. I hurt even when lying down trying to sleep(which became very hard). Finally I decided that maybe a chiropractor might be able to help( my back was feeling out to so it couldn't hurt to try). Ron found a really good office nearby. I've in treatment for the last few weeks and although i'm not fully healed yet, i'm getting there. My dr. basically put me on bedrest. I've been told I can't do anything until my dr. tells me I can. I learned my lesson after I tried to clean up a bit after a couple treatments and was feeling a little better. I bent down to pick something up off the floor and it all popped again. That's when my dr. told me to not do any of my usual stuff until she gives me the go ahead. I probably have a few more weeks to go. Luckily, the first week of treatment Ron was able to work from home so I could stay in bed and get the much needed rest(I hadn't slept much since this all started back in January) and also so i could stay off my legs to let them start to heal. Which i think was such a blessing that he could do that, work from home and keep an eye on Jaxen for me. I really needed that time. I'm still not all the way there, but i'm getting closer. So that's the reason I haven't updated for a while. I actually haven't been able to sit at the computer for weeks. I do have some things to share, but it still might take me a few days to get fully caught up because I still can't sit for very long. So i'm going to take a break and come back in a bit.

No comments: