Sunday, August 12, 2012

Jaxen's First Day of 1st Grade!



July 19th Jaxen began his adventures in first grade. I still can hardly believe my little boy is already in first grade. He's growing so fast. There was a bit of excitement and nervousness that morning. I think we were both a bit nervous mainly because he started in a new school. We were excited because  a new school year began and I look forward to sharing that with him. His new school is year round and this is a first for us. Kaeryn and Tristan have always been in a traditional school schedule. I'm actually looking forward to the new schedule. It will be nice to have a few weeks at different times of the year instead of one long break at a time. We might be able to travel with Ron more often when he travels for work. That could be fun!


I had a lot of fun taking these photos of Jaxen. He really is our spunky little 6 year old full of personality! It doesn't matter, he will always make you smile.
My family would call this the "Born to win" stance. I call it the "Watch out world, here comes Jaxen! He's here and he will make his presence known!"
Getting in the car and ready for anything!!!! I smiled but a part of me also wanted to cry. Somethings are just so hard for a parent to let go of. Watching your child grow from one stage to the next is one of them. You get so excited for them to experience new things and all the new adventures they will have. But then you realize that your little snuggle bug isn't so little anymore and you want to hold onto them a little longer, your heart floods with emotions.  That is what I was going through.
And then there is always the fear of  will he be okay, will he handle the change, will he get overwhelmed, will he be able to make any friends, will he work well with his teacher, etc. I think the list of concerns parents have for their kids could go on and on. A never ending list. You always want and wish for things to be better for them. And knowing that it's not always going to be great is one of the reasons why it is so hard to let our little ones go.
When we got to his new school we found our way to his new class room. His teacher had already assigned him a desk with his name on it. She had given each of the kids some coloring pages and worksheets to do while she talked with the parents and introduced us to what would be going on in the classroom and what the kids will be learning. There was already supplies in his desk for him to use. It was fun to see him in a desk of his own. In kindergarten they sit at tables, so the desk was a new thing for him. I loved watching him explore his new desk and getting used to it. I kept thinking " this is it. A new beginning for us!"  Some how as I watched him sitting there I had a sense that he will be okay. He's ready for this. You never get over the emotions you feel, but you can move on and enjoy all the new adventures ahead of you. I am so excited for Jaxen and I look forward to all the fun things he will get to experience now. I will forever be amazed by him and the fact that I am his mom! Good Luck Jaxen! We love you and know you can do anything!


No comments: