Saturday, August 23, 2014

More Photos From Indian Grinding Rock State Park!


 This was the first meadow we saw as we drove into the park.
 This sculpture is right behind the The Chaw'se Regional Indian Museum and park visitor center.
 One of the old oak trees within the park. It was probably my favorite tree I saw that day. It's not as majestic as the redwoods but it was still tall and had it's own sense of power and respect. I loved this tree. I found it so beautiful.
 Up and down the whole of this tree were holes made by woodpeckers. I thought it added to the beauty of the tree.

 Some of the mortar holes within the rock. I thought it was really neat to see. I even found myself trying to imagine the beginning of this long held tradition. I have a lot of respect for these tribes who are keeping these amazing traditions alive and sharing them with us. 



 I couldn't stop looking at this old log. To me it looks like the silhouette of a face. 
 This old piece of wood looked like a skull to me. I became fascinated with it.
 The shadow bird.
 Beautiful wild flowers!
 One of two beehives we saw that day.
 More wild flowers!
 A view of the woodland area.
 As we walked along the trail there were these circles all around.

 Another beehive we saw that day/
 Another thing I became fascinated with was this piece of wood sticking out of this tree. It was rather high up and it was obvious that it wasn't a branch. It looks like it might have been blown there in the wind. I wonder how long ago this happened and I can only imagine the power of the wind that could wedge this wood into the side of the tree like that. Nature always amazes me!
 We did get to see a family of wild turkeys.
I loved that the fire box appears to have once been on fire. It lives up to it's name. :)

No comments: