Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Christmas 2013 is finally here!

Christmas day is finally here! We look forward to it every year. This year was my 38th birthday and Ron planned something a little different. Instead of celebrating my birthday where I open my birthday gifts first thing in the morning, I did it throughout the day. He chose a theme "the 12 gifts of your birthday" instead of the 12 days of Christmas. He gave me a ring of envelopes filled with different clues. He then set up timed email texts throughout the day to let me know which new clue I would get to read. Then I had to figure out where he had hidden my gift. It took the entire day but it was so much fun. It made my birthday extra special. It has always been important to Ron to separate my birthday from Christmas as much as possible. Whether it's first thing in the morning before we go down to the tree or something special that lasts throughout the day. He's always done an amazing job.
One of the best things about Christmas morning is that everyone is in such a happy good mood with no bickering. It helps to keep the magic of the day. We still have hope that one day Jaden will enjoy the holiday morning activities with us. He still gets overwhelmed by everything and hides behind the couch or hangs out at the table. He's doesn't seem to enjoy opening gifts all at once right now. Ron or I will have him sit on our lap and try to show him how. He seems to do better if we just open it and then let him explore it at the table. Which is okay. He will probably do a lot of things his own special way.
Once the gift sharing is finished we typically get ready to take Kaeryn and Tristan down so they can spend the rest of the day with their mom. I thought it was awesome that Ron had hidden one of my birthday gifts in the van. I'm still trying to figure out when he set everything up.

Christmas day is a declared pajama day in our house. We each get our jammies on Christmas eve and stay in them throughout Christmas day. It's one of my favorite traditions. And since the only place we go on Christmas is drive down to Modesto to drop off Kaeryn and Tristan it works out perfectly. That way not only are we filled with excitement and magic but we are comfy too. I love our Christmas family traditions. To me at least they add to the joy of the day.


It truly is one of my favorite days of the year. Filled with so much fun. I don't even mind sharing my birthday with Christmas. It's a day filled with magic for me. Holiday movies, Christmas cookies and other treats, birthday dinner and cake, enjoying the new things that we all gave to each other. Who could ask for a better birthday. Happy Christmas!

No comments: