Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas day 2008!

Christmas day was a wonderful day for our family. Of course we celebrated my birthday first thing. The kids got me a horse statue that I can paint. Ron surprised me and got me my very own classical guitar. He also put together a book of music for me. Some christmas songs and some songs from different video games and movies and other things we have done together. He arranged them into two parts, one for beginner and one for teacher. I have no idea how long he had been working on that project, but it is something I will always treasure. Next year we plan on playing together. I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar and what better way than to have a classical guitarist for a husband to teach me. I'm very excited! After we finished opening my birthday gifts we went into the family room to see what Santa had brought us. The kids were very excited and it was so fun to see their eyes light up and their smiles on thier faces. I loved every minute of it. Kaeryn had asked Santa for a scooter and was so happy to see that he brought her one.
Tristan had asked for more Thomas the tank engine trains and was so excited to see that Santa not only brought him a train but a track set he wanted to go with it. Jaxen still loves trucks and cars and trains too. Every time we went through the toy isle at the store he would go crazy over this garbage truck. Jaxen was so excited to see the truck from Santa. He loved it so much that he kept it close to him while opening his gifts from the family. It was so cute. It really was a perfect day for us. We laughed and played. We ate lots of treats. We gave each other lots of hugs and just really enjoyed being together as a family.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you all had a good Christmas!
I would have been disappointed if I didn't read the "Of course we celebrated my birthday first" the world would cease to exist as I know it if Christmas day didn't start that way in your house! (Danny still laments all of the kids waiting on you to get up Christmas morning...)
Have a good one and Happy Belated Birthday!
Amy

Ange said...

I keep reminding our kids how lucky they are we only make them wait until 7:00 Christmas morning!
Sounds like you guys had a great day!