Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Party Fun!

This year for Jaxen's birthday he had his very first friend birthday party! We celebrated with a couple of his friends from preschool on June 4th. He was so excited. He choose to have a Mario party. I found some mario paper plates and cut mario out for decorations. We did chocolate cupcakes with mario red and blue colors. I made yellow chocolate stars to go on top of them. They turned out so yummy and I have to say I thought they turned out pretty darn cute too!

he was all smiles that day! I was having so much fun watching him. I can't believe how much our little Jaxen has grown.

I thought it would be fun since we were having a mario party that we could play mario inspired games. So I set up some green poster board as the green pipes that the kids had to run through, then they bounced on some couch cushions to get to bowser. They had three soft balls as their fire power to defeat bowser. Tristan just happened to have a stuffed bowser that he let us use. It was perfect. The kids had so much fun.

Jaxen loved his mario cupcakes! He was in mario heaven that day. He absolutely loves mario and playing the mario games!

He also asked for a pinata. I found this star one and put mario on it. It was also perfect! Although it was a bit tough to crack it open in the house. We were originally going to have his party at the park, but it decided to rain that day so we scrambled to have it in the house. Tristan(that's him in his mario costume) ended up knocking it down from the ceiling and then they just swatted it on the floor. It was so much fun! I can't wait to have another party next year! happy Birthday Jaxen! We love you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

I suppose these are Spiderman theme cup cakes. Amazing idea! My paternal aunt wants to celebrate her retirement day with friends and family. Suggested her to have on uncle's birthday next month. And also shown her many venue NYC online for the party. Will finalize all the arrangements as soon as possible.