Monday, September 26, 2011

2011 California State Fair!

July 31st we decided to go to the last day of the state fair. I love going to the fair. There is so much to see there. I love being able to share this with our kids. We love the arts and so everytime we go to the fair we make sure we see all the displays. There was a lot of talent that we saw this year.



One of the displays they had this year was this beam from the world trade center. It was a tribute for 9-11. It was very humbling to see. Probably the only spot at the fair that was quiet and peaceful. Everyone seemed to treat the area with a sort of reverence. We were amazed by the vast size of the beam. It was pretty big and only a small portion of the building. I'm very glad we had the opportunity to see it.

Of course, you can't go to the fair and not go see all the animals. That's on of my most favorite parts! This is one of the cows that they let people try to milk. She was very calm and pretty. I loved her eyes!

These are newborn piglets. They were a day old I believe. They were so cute and running all over the place. It was so fun. Jaxen has a stuffed pig named Jakers. It's his favorite stuff animal and when he saw the pigs he said "Look! There's Jakers!" It was so cute!

This is one of the newborn lambs. So tiny and so precious. I love seeing all the animals!



Jaxen and Tristan both wanted to milk a goat! I was so proud of them for trying! It was so fun to watch them. They didn't seem nervous at all and were excited when they finally got milk out! So so Cute! My little cowboys in training!

Of course, one of my most favorite parts of the fair are the horses. Everyone knows I love horses and I love sharing that with my kids. Maybe someday I will get another horse, but for now I will just enjoy watching them when I can.

Jaxen decided he would rather play in the dirt. He's a lot like me in that aspect. I remember playing in the dirt as a child.

As evening came there was a beautiful sunset. It really added to the magic the lights brought.The fair was such a great family time. Jaden did pretty good for the most part. He enjoyed looking around, but at times he did get overwhelmed. He has a hard time napping when we are out and about. He did make it through the day though. We all had a wonderful day! Each of the kids played some fair games and won a prize. I love those kids win every time games, they are so handy and they make the little kids still feel good about playing! But all three played their games and actually won! I love seeing their excitement! It's wonderful! We also enjoyed walking through the fair during the night. When all the lights come on it seems like magic. It's also a fun time for photgraphers! It was great, photographers set up all over and as soon as the rides started with the lights on flashes and clicks atarted as well! Yes! I was one of them! I had a lot of fun. Here are some of my favorite ones I took. It was another perfect day!

















Posted by Picasa

No comments: