Sunday, July 22, 2012

U.S. Olympic Gymnastic Trials!

 The weekend of June 29th-30th, Ron surprised me with a date weekend. Since he travels so much for work he has a lot of hotel points saved up and we decided to use one of our free hotel nights. It was such a fun get away! We were able to go to the 2012 Olympic gymnastic trials in San Jose, CA. It was so much fun. We were there for the mens finals. Their strength and talent was awesome sight! One of the best parts was we were able to meet up with our friends from the Seattle area, Julie and Sterling. It was so wonderful to see them again.
 This was our first time to the HP pavilion. It's a great stadium. They seem to understand women's needs and had women's bathrooms across the hall from each other. It made the lines go faster. Yes, it was nice.
 Outside the stadium they had set up an area that they called gymnastic city. It was full of booth's and people playing mini challenges. There were a few demonstrations as well.


 We stopped to watch a trampoline demonstration. It's very exciting! I guess they had the trampoline trials earlier in the week. I thought it was a shame that they didn't seem to broadcast them as well. It was fun to watch though. They actually get pretty high up. The HP Pavilion is actually right by the airport and a few times when these girls would do their stunts a plane would fly by really low because it was getting ready to land. It was a neat added effect.


 Inside was very exciting! There's so much that goes on that you don't get to see on tv. I wasn't allowed to bring in my DSLR but I was allowed to use my point and shoot. At least I had that. Not all the pictures came out as clear as I would have wanted but I think I was able to get some pretty good shots considering.








 These are just a few of what I took. I loved every minute of it! And although I wanted to come back home to my boys who became sick right after we left, I also didn't want the day to end. We only planned a one night get away, it was a much needed one. We don't get date nights alone very often. So while we worried together about the boys, we still relished the time together.

We love the Olympics! Both winter and summer! We look forward to each one. I remember being in Utah for the 2002 winter olympics and being able to take part in those and how exciting it was. I loved being able to share a similar moment with Ron! We are very proud of our team and we are so excited to see them and cheer the world on this July!

No comments: