Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Family Fun At The Sacramento Zoo!


May 27th, 2013 We decided to make a trip to the Sacramento Zoo. Hooray for coupons! It was a fun day. I like the Sacramento Zoo. It's not a very big zoo but it's still fun. The weather was perfect for a day out as well. It was a bit overcast and it sprinkled now and again so it wasn't a very hot day. Which made it easier to take our time walking through the park. I believe this was our first time bringing Jaden to the zoo. I was excited to see what he would do or how he would react when he saw the animals. Some of the animals would catch his attention if they were out and about. But the ones that were resting we had a harder time pointing them out to Jaden. He didn't seem to understand or realize what we were pointing to. Either way he was just happy to be outside and going for a walk in the stroller. Which is one of his favorite things to do. Jaxen was still in his animal adventurer mode and was excited to see some of the animals he was reading about and had seen on his favorite show Wild Kratts. I love seeing how excited he gets. I hope he will always have this love for animal life.

It was a fun family day. Even when it started to rain we still enjoyed our time there. I was nervous about my camera because I don't have any waterproof coverings for it but other than that it really was a great day. When it did rain it never lasted for long. It really was on and off and was more like sprinkling than rain. Not to bad at all. We did keep an eye on Jaden to see how he was handling it and he didn't seem to be to overwhelmed with it so we kept on going.
   

The chimpanzee enclosure was so much fun to watch. I don't know if it was the rain or what but they were very active. There were two of the chimpanzee's that were chasing each other all around the enclosure. They were climbing and leaping from one end to the other. Ron was able to find a spot in front of a window to the enclosure. At first Ron was trying to point the animals out to Jaden. It wasn't until the chimps swung right in front of the window where they were standing that Jaden was able to really take notice of them. That's when they caught his eye and he could enjoy what everyone else was. that was one of my favorite moments of the day.


The older kids were enjoying a little bit of freedom. They're old enough that we're okay if they wander up ahead on their own. As long as we can either see them or they check in from time to time that is the rule. They did a little of both. I like to take my time while enjoying the animals and will sometimes stay at each enclosure for quite a while. Plus, I also enjoy practicing my photography with the animals and sometimes that can take longer than the rest of the family wants to wait. So instead of listening to the constant "Can we go now?" I let them move on so I can have my practice time. It makes the day all the more enjoyable. It really was. We look forward to the next time we can visit.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly - you have such a gift for photography. I love to see your pictures!