Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jaden's first Haircut!

May 26th, 2013 we decided to take Jaden to get his first haircut! I've been putting it off for a while for a couple of reasons. One, I absolutely love his perfect curls. Two, with his sensory issues we weren't sure of how he'd do. Sometimes just brushing through his hair can send him into a sensory meltdown. But it was getting to the point where it really needed some shape. There's a salon nearby that is just for kids(or at least it is set up for kids) so we decided to take him there. They have T.V.'s set up for the kids to watch a movie or play video games. I figured that maybe he could get through it while watching a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode. That is his favorite show. It did work out better than expected. I let the stylist know about his sensory issues so she would be aware of that and then I just asked her to trim it up and shape it. We still wanted to keep his curls it just needed shape so it wasn't all over the place. Jaden did great! He held still enough for the trim and didn't seem as nervous as I thought he would. I think the movie thing worked for him. Maybe I will have to try that at home. The stylist did great and she made a certificate and placed some of his curls in a plastic bag to commemorate Jaden's first haircut. I thought that was really sweet. I'm so proud of Jaden! He looks so cute and adorable with his new haircut! He's growing up to be such a smiley big boy and I love him so much!

No comments: