Monday, April 14, 2014

Jaxen Fun!

I love spending time with Jaxen. Sometimes he says the funniest things and he always makes me smile!  For example: One day we bought Jaxen some cookies because we were late picking him up from school. Somehow we never got the message that it was a minimum day and we didn't know we were supposed to pick him up early. So he ended up sitting in the front office for nearly an hour or so before the school was able to get a hold of us. He was so worried that we had forgotten him. That can be scary especially for a 1rst grader. So we got him some cookies to help cheer him up. Well, the next day after school(which was a regular day) I asked Jaxen if I could have one of his cookies. This is how the conversation went.
"Jaxen can I have one of your cookies?"
Jaxen looks around at what is left and then replies "ummm............not right now."
"okay" I said sighing in the same manner that the kids do to me when I tell them no. To which Jaxen responded with in his most parent like manner
 "Don't look so miserable!"



 One time we were all sitting at the dinner table talking about our ages. I brought up that I was going to be 40 in two years. Ron said "Wow! That is so weird!"  "That is so scary!" I said. Then Jaxen adds "That is so scary because you are so cute!"

I thanked him and told him he made my day. Then Ron and I looked at each other and had a good laugh.




Another night while Ron was coming home from work I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies to surprise him and help cheer him up. He had a stressful week at work and was feeling a bit discouraged. Sometimes as he's pulling into the driveway he will call and ask me to send Jaxen out to help carry things in since he will occasionally bring dinner home with him. On this particular night I had given Jaxen a spoonful of cookie dough right as Ron called to send Jaxen out to help bring in dinner. I knew Ron was calling for Jaxen and so I had him answer the phone. When asked to come out Jaxen said "Hold on. Let me finish my cookie dough." I quickly began to shush him because it was supposed to be a surprise. Jaxen immediately went into repair mode and said "Never mind. I'm not eating cookie dough. I'm........uh.......eating a cheese sandwich!" It was hilarious! I couldn't help but start to laugh. The best part was that Ron didn't pick up on the cookie dough comment because he was so annoyed at the prospect of Jaxen eating a cheese sandwich when he had just brought dinner home. I could not stop laughing! It was one of Jaxen's perfect mistakes because it worked! His quick thinking managed to distract daddy enough that we still surprised him with the cookies! We all had such a great night that day. We laughed and smiled at what happened as we sat around the table and each enjoyed some fresh baked cookies with milk. 

I love my Jaxen! He makes me smile everyday!

No comments: