Monday, July 16, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAERYN!

Kaeryn's 8th birthday was on July 10th. But since she was with her mom on that day we had a birthday party for her on Saturday the 14th. We had a swimming/luau party. It was a great sucess! Her friends each got a beach ball with Hawaian flowers on it, a shell necklace and the girls got silk flowers for their hair. Kaeryn looked so beautiful, she had a high ponytail and different colored flowers all the way around her hair so that her ponytail cam out of the flowers. We also got silk flower lei's for the family, even Jaxen. We got him a headband and it worked perfectly as a lei for him. He looked so cute! Kaeryn wanted Ron's famous oreo cheesecake for her birthday cake so Ron made his cheesecake for her and I decorated like an island beach. I got some blue gel food coloring and dropped it right on the cake and spread it around about half the cake to look like ocean water. Then since Ron crushes up oreo's and put's them in the cake it looked like sand so I put a plastic palm tree and a hula girl in the sandy area. It looked so cool(if I do say so myself). I couldn't find my box of candles(which I know I have some where and which I will probably find now that I don't need them), so I took the 0 candle that we were going to use for Jaxen's half birthday and took a permanent marker and drew an 8 on it. It worked for the moment. We also thought now would be the right time to get Kaeryn a bike. She has been wanting one for a long time now and got really excited when our next door neighbor let her try out his daughter's bike. She was so excited about it that we found her a bike. We had the bike hiding at our friends house that live in the same complex as us. Ron took the kids swimming and while they were swimming, I went and picked up the bike and had it sitting in the living room so when they came back from swimming it would be the first thing she saw. We even had Ron come in first and had Kaeryn wait a second so Ron could get the camcorder ready so we could video tape her when she saw the bike. She was so cute, she started jumping up and down and shouting for joy! Kaeryn was very excited! Her other exciting present was Ron gave her his gameboy advance and her very own pokemon game. She's so excited! All in all, I think her birthday was a great success. It was a fun party for everyone! Happy Birthday Kaeryn!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Kaeryn!
love, Koralee, McKenna and Claire

(we'll put your birthday on our calendar so we remember next time!)