Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!




HAPPY NEW YEARS everyone! Our new years eve party was full of fun! We had the hats, we had the glitter, we had the horns! I made my first homade chocolate ice cream with my ice cream maker Ron got me for my birthday. It was so YUMMY!!!!! I can't emphasize that enough. We still had some of the grandpa cookie cookies left and I dunked one into my ice cream and it was heavenly. We had chicken enchiladas for our dinner( I thought they sounded festive) and chips and salsa. Ron found tortilla chips that were red and green(very festive). We played the game Mouse Trap as a family and watched the footage in New York so that we could count down. The kids all made it to mid night and were all still wide awake. They tooted their horns( I had one too) and we jumped for joy and shouted Happy New Year! Then we all went out side and popped our celebration poppers. Jaxen wasn't afraid of them this year and wanted to do them by himself. Well he ended up letting me help hold them while they popped. It was so fun and cute! The kids really got into the celebration. Another one of Ron's Venezuelan traditions that we follow is that at the new year everyone eats 12 grapes(one for each month) and makes a wish for each grape. We also pop out the sparkling cider and all say cheers(over and over and over because the kids get a kick out of that). I love our kids, they always make me smile! Eventually we all went to bed. I still let the boys have a good night show to help them unwind. It was such a fun night though. We welcome the year 2010 and the new adventures that will come with it!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy New Year to you all!
Tell Tristan thank you for the guitar and guitar pick for Kenna. She loved it!

TeresaL said...

how fun!

Unknown said...

The holidays have been wonderful this year! Of course, not long enough... as usual... but then I guess we would get bored if it were a holiday all the time. (or not.) Sounds like you had a great time. We really enjoyed having you here around Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day, and hug all those beautiful kids for me, Love you, Mom

Carla said...

I see you haven't gotten to this this month.... oh well, neither have I. Have a beautiful day, and happy anniversary last week on the 28th. How many years is it? Four? When you get my age it all runs together and ohwell... we love it! Dad and I just got invited to our first 'nearly dead' (their words not ours) FHE... I didn't think we would hit that for a few more years. But in our very young ward we must seem ancient! Love & hugs to all the family, we miss you, Mom