Monday, May 24, 2010

Taiko Dan













Sunday May 23rd was the Pacific Rim festival in Old Sacramento. We look forward to this festival each year. It's only one day but it's very fun. This year we got there just in time to see the Taiko Dan drummers perform. They are amazing! Standing next to the stage when they are playing is fun. You can feel the power from each drum. It's very exciting to watch. I decided that next year I will just bring my telephoto lens instead of trying to compete with other photographers. I'm just to shy to ask other photographers to move.
The festival was alot of fun. Alot more crowded this year than last year. It was pretty busy. There were booths that did traditional caligraphy in Japanese, lots of jewelry and other things celebrating the pacific rim countries. Lots of different varieties of foods from Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and polynesion. The lines were all so long that we ended up getting some shaved ice there at the fair and then picked up some teriyaki and Thai on the way home. The kids were way to hungry to happily wait in the long lines. I have to admit I was pretty hungry myself and wasn't to thrilled at the thought of having to wait. It was so yummy! Can't wait until next years festival!


1 comment:

Ange said...

I swear your town has more festivals than one could shake a stick at! :)

Glad you had a great time!