Monday, May 7, 2012

Jaden's First Birthday!

 February 10th our little Jaden celebrated his first birthday! I can hardly believe my little boy is one year old. We have a jungle safari theme going on with an emphasis on elephants so I thought that would be a perfect theme for his birthday. I found this elephant cake pan and couldn't pass it up. It was perfect!
 I love making cakes for my kids birthdays! It's one of my favorite things to do. I thought these jungle animals added the right touch.
 I let Jaxen choose the flavor of the cake. He chose chocolate and strawberry. I made the two different batters and then swirled them together. It turned out so yummy!

 I'm still so amazed that it has been a whole year since Jaden was born. He's been such a wonderful addition to our family. We've had a lot of smiles with his infectious giggle!
 At this point in Jaden's life he loves his snuggle time. He loves story time. He loves macaroni and cheese and goldfish crackers. He loves his bottle first thing in the morning!
 Jaden loves stroller rides and walks in the wagon. He loves to play with his toys and often will turn his toys over and over in his hands exploring every little detail about them. He is a very curious boy.

 We had fun getting things ready for his party. He was all smiles but I think he was also a bit overwhelmed. Which is understandable.
 His birthday was on a Friday so Kaeryn and Tristan were able to be there to celebrate. I loved having the whole family together to celebrate. It helped to make the day more special.
 It was really cute to see his expression when he saw the cake and we sang to him. I think he liked the bright colors.

 He loved his cake as long as daddy or mommy fed it to him. He wasn't interested in playing with it, he just wanted to eat it but like a little prince he wanted to be fed. It was too funny. Hopefully soon he will learn to feed himself and see how fun that can be. I'm still so amazed that my baby was born a year ago! Words cannot express how much love I have for this sweet little babe. He brings us so much joy and laughter. Everyday is made brighter by his sweet smile! I'm so excited for the new adventures that will come! Happy Happy Happy Birthday Jaden Glen Cruz! We love you!

1 comment:

Ange said...

What a cute boy!!!!