Friday, May 18, 2012

Photo Fun With Jaden

 Many of you know that photography is one of my favorite hobbies. I love it! It is so fun for me. And while I'm no where near a professional at it, I love practicing and learning and getting better. Some day I just might capture that winning photo contest photo, but for now I plan on continuing to have fun and doing what I love. My kids make practicing my photography very fun. Photographing my kids has always been very important to me. Mainly because I don't have many photos as an infant of myself. I remember spending hours as a teen searching through all the boxes of photos my mom and dad had in storage and finding only two photos of me as a baby. My mom assures me that there has to be more but I haven't found any. There is a good possibility that there might be more of me and my little sister Amy in this pile of rolls of film that was never developed, but since they were never developed I only have two. I treasure those photos and I resolved that when and if I became a mom I would capture many photos of my kids. So far I've kept true to that resolve. Every chance I get I will take a photo. This day, February 20th was a beautiful day. I love California weather. Here we are still in winter but warm enough to play at the park in the sunshine. While the older kids decided to run around and chase each other I decided to set Jaden down in the grass and see what he would do. He was just learning how to move himself around by scooting. He actually didn't seem to mind the grass and he even got a few giggles in. It was fun to watch him. I really look forward to when he can really explore the park. So while the kids were running around, I decided to have some photo fun with Jaden! Here are some of the photos I took. It's also fun with picasa. That's the editing software I use and they just updated their software and added more options of editing. So I decided to try a couple of them out. I still haven't decided if I'm sold on some of the changes I made, but still it's fun creating.
 This one makes me smile each time I see it. I can't get over the look he gave me. It was to funny.
 Sweet innocence and true curiosity! Seeing things through a babies eyes makes the world extra miraculous!
 He has such a happy smile! Everything always seems better when he smiles and giggles!

 I love this "what the heck is that" look!
 and then there's the " oh Wow" look!
 Holding onto the swing and waiting to fly. This wasn't his first time in the swing, but he still likes it.
 obviously I messed up the light settings for this photo but I still love it because of how big Jadens smile is. He was laughing and giggling and this will always be a picture perfect memory.
It was a fun day in the park and a fun day for photo practice.