Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Decorating!

 So at our house we don't actually carve our pumpkins. We decorate them. The kids won't touch the slimy goopy stuff on the insides of the pumpkins. So we just decorate them instead. I love to see the creativity in action.
 Jaden still doesn't get the idea of drawing with crayons or painting with a paintbrush. He just throws them down. So he had some snacks and sat with us while we decorated. The kids came to the craft store with me and I let them choose their supplies.










The finished product! Jaxen made the big zombie slime, I made the big King Metal Slime( a character from one of our favorite video games, dragon quest), Tristan made Two Face( a character from Batman), Ron painted metal slimes on the front and back, Kaeryn made a fancy grenade and for Jaden's I just sponged 3 different colors on his and added big google eyes. I think they turned out pretty awesome! Makes me excited to see what we do next year. I did put some glow sticks around the pumpkins so on Halloween night they did have an eery glow. It looked great! Fun memories!

No comments: