Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rescued!


Well, I was feeling pretty good that day. My knee and back were feeling well enough that I decided that I wanted to go for a run with my dad. I love kayaking, it's so fun! So we went out and decided to go check out this building that's floating in the middle of the lake. I hadn't noticed it before so we went to check it out. And yes people, it was a bathroom in the middle of the lake. We laughed and laughed! I guess some people are able to get themselves up on the plat form by themselves, but I for one am not one of them. After we had a good laugh we pushed off from the restroom thing and turned around to start heading toward the shore. We had a pretty good rythum going and were going faster and faster and were tipping here and there but was able to correct it and keep going. Until.......splash! We had capsized, fell out into the cold water (which actually wasn't so bad after a bit). Now we were laughing harder! Dad kept trying to flip the kayak over but we just couldn't get a good enough grip on it, after about half way it would come back down. I started saying to just start swimming back to shore, but dad was thinking the kayak would go smoother if we could tip it over. Finally we just decided to start going to shore when we were surrounded by a bunch of guys in their kayaks. They helped turn our kayak over and hold it still for us to try to get back in. Dad was able to get back in but I wasn't. My life jacket kept bouncing off the kayak and pushing me back. Not to mention my asthma wasn't helping at that point and I still couldn't stop laughing. Finally the rescue boat from the aquatic center came out to rescue us. It took a few tries but I was able to get up on the rescue boat. They took us back to the dock, because my asthma was acting up they decided that it was best. I still couldn't stop laughing. All part of the adventure right?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, I wanted to see pictures of the two of you IN the water.
Pretty funny story!

TeresaL said...

ah, the uncontrollable giggles. It must run in the family :) I'm glad you guys got out okay