Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sacramento Zoo




Febuary 6th was museum day here in Sacramento which meant that several of the museums were free entrance including the zoo. We decided to go to the zoo since we hadn't been there yet and we have been to many of the museums already. It was alot of fun! It's not a big zoo, but it was still very enjoyable. Ron felt it was the perfect size. As long as I get to see the animals, i don't really care how big or small it is. We love wildlife and loved seeing all the animals. The only line we had to wait in was for the reptile house. The kids really liked that one. I loved the snakes and the poison dart frogs. Jaxen liked the crocodile. Kaeryn and Tristan liked it all. Although Tristan kept asking to go see the tigers, he said his favorite was the red pandas. Ron loves the big cats. I love it all! I don't think I can say I have a favorite because all animals amaze me. I did think it was really cool that the zoo vet hospital had large windows to look inside and I could show the kids what I was in school for. As much as I miss the vet world, I don't have any regrets about leaving it. But I did really love being able to share that part of me with the kids. We had alot of fun! It was great to see the kids reactions when the animals would move around. Especially the chimpanzees. They started climbing up their ropes and into the hammocks. I loved hearing "Look look!" It was so cute. It was a wonderful day and it didn't rain the whole time we were there. That was a bonus. I definitly would like to go back again and maybe try the train ride when its sunny out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: