Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy!










I get asked all the time how I celebrate my birthday on Christmas day or if I like my birthday on Christmas day? Truth is yes I do like my birthday on Christmas day. My parents always did a really good job at making sure I had a birthday celebration first and then a Christmas celebration. This has also been very important to Ron. Ron has been keeping up with the tradition that my parents started when I was a child. Every Christmas morning the kids stay in their bedrooms until daddy comes to get them. They all come into our bedroom and there sing happy birthday to me and then I open the birthday gifts they gave to me. It's always been a goal for Ron to make sure I have birthday stuff separate from Christmas stuff. Having Jaden there this year made the moment extra special. The kids each like to choose something to give. We do that for everyone. This year Tristan and Jaxen gave me the Cars2 movie, Kaeryn gave me some lotion from bath and body works, and Jaden (yes even Jaden gave me a gift) he gave me the mickey mouse clubhouse space adventure movie. That made me smile. There's a story to go with that one. Ron said when they were out looking for ideas that Jaden had a hold of that movie and would not let go of it. In fact Ron said he had to pry it out of Jadens hands to pay of it. But when he saw that Jaden didn't want to let go of the video Ron thought that was going to be the gift from Jaden to me. Ron said it was really cute to see our little 10 month old Jaden so intent with this video. That brought a smile to my face. Ron had gotten me a few things for our up coming anniversary trip to Yosemite but my favorite thing he gave me was a locket that had a depiction of Gustav Klimts painting named "motherhood". Gustav Klimt is one of my favorite artists and I love this painting. I will always treasure this gift. I can't wait to get pics of the kids and place them in my locket. It was a special moment for me. Especially to have the kids snuggled up with me on my bed. It was a fantastic way to start the day! I had the best birthday ever! Posted by Picasa