Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Along the american river

The powerhouse is set on a state park along the american river. We decided to go exploring and walk down to the river. It was such a beautiful day. The sunshine was perfect. Kati was happy that she got to come with us this time.
The kids had fun climbing on the rocks and Kati loved it too. She's a very curious dog and loves to explore with us.
I loved just sitting there on the rocks and enjoying the peacfulness I felt and watching the kids play. There were some geese that had swum up to us and I said we should have brought some popcorn for them. I think that's what they were looking for because after awhile of not getting anything they started swimming toward some other new comers.
After we were done climbing on the rocks we decided to follow where this trail went. We had fun but decided that it went no where we wanted to go because it got very overgrown and was not easy for the little ones to go through. So we turned around and decided it was time to turn back home. Ron still had to make my dinner. It was such a wonderful and happy day for me. I woke up to a breakfast in bed of chocolate cake, strawberries and chocolate milk( my Ron is so cute, he knows what I love). Ron and the kids gave me a digital picture frame. We went on a scenic drive which I love and then came home to a dinner of bar-b-que beef sandwhiches. They were so yummy and the first one's Ron has ever made. It was such a perfect day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karen Pellett said...

Looks like a gorgeous place to go and you guys look fabulous. I miss you and hope you are well.

Ange said...

Sounds like you had a great mothers day! I'm telling you - you guys go to some cool places! (I hope you fit church in there somewhere, too!)
:)

Thanks again for being willing to be our 'Flat Stanley' people. Emma was SUPER excited when I told her that not only would you guys DO it, but that YOU were EXCITED to do it! So Thank you thank you!!!