Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kayaking again


The fish hatchery is actually right across the road from the aquatic center. Ron's mom and dad have never been kayaking before so we thought we would take them. It was alot of fun. They were a bit nervous but they enjoyed themselves. Kaeryn was so excited, she couldn't wait to get out there with abuela. It was so cute to watch. She wanted to show abuela how she could paddle. Kaeryn's getting pretty good at it. She's almost ready to go in one by her self I think. It was another beautiful day on the lake. We went in the morning so it wasn't very crowded at all. We went to our usuall spot to play in the sand and water while two or three of us were out in the kayak. My back and leg weren't bothering me today so I got to go in the kayak for the first time. It was so fun. Just Ron and I. I couldn't go very far( I didn't want to risk hurting my back and leg) but it was so much fun. I've been canoing and rafting before but I've not been in a kayak. It was so much fun. Again, we can't wait to get back there. After our adventure on the lake we came home and Ron's mom and dad showed me how to make a Venezuelan treat called arepas dulce. They are kind of like scones but smaller and thinner. They were yummy. We had such a good visit with them. We loved having them here with us. We wished they could have stayed longer. Hopefully soon we'll beable to plan a trip to Utah to visit them. Thanks so much for coming mom and dad! Te amo!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey Sister Walker, I almost forgot ya'll had this blog. I should visit more often! Nice pics!