Friday, April 29, 2011

Big Brother!


Jaxen has finally warmed up to the idea of being a big brother. While I was pregnant he would always talk about being a big brother. He would say that he wanted to help out and that he would share his toys with Jaden. He was excited and near the end he would ask how many days left until Jaden would be born. And when I would tell heim he would shout "Yes" with a fist punch in the air! He would talk to Jaden in my tummy and yell " I love you baby!" He would give my tummy hugs and say he was hugging the baby. One time he even came up to me and wacked my tummy hard. I asked him what that was for and he said " I was just giving Jaden a high five!" But once Jaden was born things changed a bit with Jaxen. He seemed to be a bit nervous around him and unsure of himself. He went through the usual trying to figure things out phase, but he didn't show much excitement as before. I think he was nervous to hurt Jaden and me( we explained to him that I would be heaing after surgery and he wouldn't be able to climb on me for a while). Well, I think we emphasized that a little to much because while he was still curious about Jaden, he didn't want to touch him or me very much. After a few weeks though, he seemed to relax and gain a bit more confidence. I think he realized that I was doing okay and Jaden was here to stay and that everything was going to be fine. Now he's a happy big brother! He started singing to Jaden again " hush little baby don't say a word, brother's gonna buy you a mocking bird........." It's so precious. He hugs Jaden and will play with his toys next to Jaden. He will hold the book and snuggle while we read stories together. He will give Jaden kisses and bring out some of his stuff animals to share with Jaden when Jaden is crying. He gets diapers for me when I need them. He will bring Jaden a blanket when he is sleeping. He feels so happy when Jaden will smile at him. He is a great big brother! I look forward to more happy big brother moments like this one! I love you Jaxen! You are a fantastic big brother!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: