Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Half Moon Bay!

The first weekend in September we decided to make another trip to the beach. This time we took the kids to Half Moon Bay. This is probably my favorite beach so far. Ron and I came here for our 5th anniversary. I've wanted to bring the kids here ever since. The back drop of the beach is lined with some cliffs and hills and there is a walk way above them. It was a beautiful day!

Lot's of waves, some of them were pretty big. We did see some type of whale! It was our first time to spot a whale at the beach. My guess was that they were some type of dolphin or porpoise. I didn't get any pictures of them though. I was holding Jaden at the time I spotted them and was having a hard time handling my camera one handed. But it was still a wonderful sight! It was really exciting to spot them out in the wild for the first time.





The kids had fun playing in the dirt. They loved to explore the walk way above the beach. This was a trail from the walk way to the beach. The boys decided to slide down instead of walk down.

This was Jaden's third time to the beach but his first time at the beach not crying! Yeah! I knew he would have this moment!



We actually were able to let him put his feet in the sand and sit in the sand and he liked it. At least for a minute! He was still learning to sit up by himself and he did have a tumble. He wasn't so sure about the sand after that. But at least I was able to get a picture of him in the sand without him crying.

Tristan found a hole that someone had started digging so he and Jaxen decided to continue digging and building up the walls of the hole.



Kaeryn loves the beach and loves watching the waves as much as Ron and I  do. I'm so glad I can share these wonders with her!

She decided to join the boys. It's fun to watch Kaeryn and Tristan play in the sand while standing up. They didn't want to sit down. I had to smile at that.

I love feet in the sand pictures. I had to convince Kaeryn and Tristan to sit in the sand for me so I could get there feet picture. I had to remind them that we were at the beach, it was okay to get dirty!

I love watching the sea birds fly over the ocean. They sure are beautiful!

Jaxen is completely opposite of Kaeryn and Tristan. He loves getting dirty and playing in the sand! He is my dirt boy!



Jaden was very interested in the waves this trip. He watched them for a long time.

Ron and I really don't have a lot of pictures of the two of us together. Kaeryn is old enough now that I trust her with my camera. I think she did a great job!

On our way back to the car the kids wanted to explore the cliffs and hills some more. I love sharing these family adventures together. I love that our kids love them also! This was the perfect way to end our summer break.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: