Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grandpa Time!

 The year before during our anniversary we flew my mom out to stay with the boys while we were gone. That worked out so well we decided that we were going to continue to do that. This time though it was my dad that came to stay with the boys. I know he was really nervous but he was also excited to come. The boys and him did really great. Jaxen was off track from school and so they really just got to play at the park a lot. The boys don't get to see their Grandpa very much and so I was so happy that they got to have this time together. We had dad stay a couple extra days so that we could spend some time with him as well as Kaeryn and Tristan. They are usually only here on the weekends during the school year. We had planned on taking dad to the auto museum but we had a late start and when we got there it was closing. It had closed early that day. I was so surprised and then I remembered that it was February 2nd and I realized what I had forgotten. February 2nd, 2013 was free museum day! I was so disappointed. I had been getting email reminders for free museum day and thought it was perfect that it was when dad would be here. We try to go to a different museum or park each free museum day. But this year I had forgotten it. Oh well. Dad laughed a little bit, well, we all laughed a little bit. We ended up just hanging out at home with dad. Which turned out to be just as great. We had some laughs and good talks just like he and I used to when I was younger and before I got married. I would stay up late and wait for him to come home from work and we would just talk. I really enjoyed being able to do that again. It was such a wonderful visit and I loved seeing my dad bond with my boys and with Kaeryn and Tristan. It made me happy to see them play together. I love you Daddy! Thank you so much for coming.   

No comments: