Monday, March 17, 2014

Our 8th Anniversary!

January 28th 2013 Ron and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! Wow! Can it really be 8 years already? Sometimes it seems a bit surreal when I think about being married for 8 years. It goes by so quickly yet seems so long ago. It's strange how life does that to you. 
Ron was unable to take the whole week of our anniversary off like he has done before. The client he was working for at the time was in San Jose. Normally, Ron just stays in a hotel for the week instead of commuting 6 hours each day. Since he was unable to get the whole week off, I went with him and stayed in the hotel for the week. Now to some that may not seem all that exciting to stay in a hotel while your husband goes to work. But I was really excited! Staying home with the boys is something I really love but I don't get a lot of "me time" with Ron traveling for work. So the thought of going and having actual alone time was wonderful. We drove in Sunday night and I remember waking up in the morning and doing a little happy dance. I didn't have to clean or cook or or change diapers! I got to go to the bathroom in peace! Hahaha! I know that may sound silly to some but most mother's of young kids will understand. Ron had gotten me some photography videos and books for my birthday and it was so nice to be able to read and watch them. I even played some of my own video games. The hotel is right next to a city park and nature trail and so I had originally planned to get out and practice my photography along the trail. But instead I ended up staying in and just relaxing. I think I needed that more. The hotel staff are great! Ron has stayed there for so long that they know us by name. They knew I was coming for the week to for our anniversary so they had a gift for us our first morning. These beautiful roses and yummy cheesecake! I couldn't resist a taste before I took a photo. It was delicious!

The week was a wonderful one. I was loving my free time and lunch and dinner dates with Ron. Dinner, dessert and a movie on Santana Row with the perfect guy. At one place when they learned it was our anniversary our server brought us these yummy lemon cookies. He tried to bend two candles into a heart for us. It was really quite sweet. Ron was able to get one day off. We decided to drive down to Monterey Bay and go to the aquarium there. I love aquariums and the one in Monterey I've wanted to go to for a long time. It was fun. And it was nice to go during the week when it was less crowded. That's one of the best things about getting married in January. Everywhere is less crowded this time of year. We walked through at our own pace and enjoyed every minute of it. The only thing we didn't get to see were the otters. Their exhibit was closed due to repairs. It's okay though, it just means we have an excuse to go back. This time it will be with the kids. I took a lot of photos but these are some of my favorites.












After our visit to the aquarium we walked over to a cafe and had some crepes. After that we got in the car and tried to look for the house that my mom and dad lived in when he was stationed there while in the air force. It was a fun little treasure hunt. Afterward we stopped at a nearby beach to enjoy the sunset. One of my most favorite things is watching the sunset on the beach. This time though it had that somewhere back in time feel to it as we walked along where my parents once had. I wasn't born yet when my parents lived there but yet I felt like I was taking a walk in my past. It was such a peaceful and wonderful way to end our week. We made it! 8 years! Happy anniversary Ron! I love you so much!

No comments: