Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Is Coming!

 
I don't think I can say that I have a favorite season because there are aspects of each that I love. There is just something though about the first signs of spring that makes everyone's heart happy. The first half of winter is fun and exciting. But eventually the darkest time of the year starts to wear on you and all the snow and rain become less thrilling and more gloomy. Then out of no where you start to see little buds of new life popping up around you and it's like a breath of fresh air. You have to go out and enjoy them before they are gone.
 I like how Robin Williams said it "Spring is nature's way of saying 'Let's party'!"  That is exactly how I feel when I start to see these blossoms in my back yard. Spring is coming! I can't help but smile and feel rejuvenated again. This year was no different. I had to get out and enjoy it.

 These blossoms on one of our trees in our back yard only last a few days. So when I saw them I knew I only had a short time to take some pictures. Ron had gotten me some photography videos for my birthday and I thought it was a perfect day to practice the techniques I was learning. I know I still have a long way to go with my photography but I sure am having fun with it.

 The boys were just as excited to get out as I was. It was a fun break from the rain. Jaxen decided that he wanted to try and climb our tree. He got a little ways up but the branches aren't spread out very far and he couldn't really get anywhere. It sure was fun watching him try though. I love watching him spread his wings a little and try new things. I love seeing how proud of himself he gets when he's able to do something he was either afraid to do or just wasn't able to do before.

 Of course I couldn't help but take some photo's of my boys while we were outside. They were enjoying the moment as much as I was. I think seeing how happy they were at the time really added to the excitement we were all feeling. These are some of my favorites that I took of Jaxen.
I did try to get photo's of Jaden but he wouldn't hold still for them. I don't blame him. I wanted to run around too after having to stay inside for so long because of the rain. He was having so much fun exploring one end of the yard to the next. I did, however,  manage to get this photo of me and him together.
We did have a fun afternoon and evening together. It was hard to come in for the night. Luckily we knew we'd have a few more days like this before it would start to rain again. But since we knew spring was on the way the rain didn't seem so bad anymore. Happy Spring!

No comments: