Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Jaden!







 February 10th, 2013 Jaden turned 2! I can't believe our little guy is two already! How fast time has gone. He has the biggest smile and most contagious giggle. Sometimes I want to freeze time and hold on forever but I love watching him grow. My heart is filled with so much love for this little boy. He brings us so much joy! He loves chocolate and so I made him a construction digging site of chocolatey goodness! I think he liked it! He was all smiles!



 
 Last year Jaden still couldn't really feed himself and so we had to feed him his first cake. Solid foods have always been a hard thing for him. But chocolate is not one of those things that is hard for him to eat (he gets that from me) and this year he was able to feed himself. It sure was fun to watch him eating, enjoying and loving his cake. He did make some attempts using his fork but he knows that it's a whole lot easier with his hands. 
 It was Jaden's turn for a car table. I had so much fun painting this. Jaxen helped to paint the black layers. He was excited to help. I think it turned out really well and Jaden can use the trucks from his cake for his table.

 

We didn't wrap any of his gifts. We just sat them on top of his new table and let him investigate and explore his gifts on his own. The whole opening presents thing seems to be very overwhelming for him. At Christmas time he just stayed by the kitchen table instead of joining us in the family room. He didn't want to open anything then and so we decided that for his birthday we would just set his gifts out and let him come to them. It worked out much better that way. He was less overwhelmed and seemed more excited and curious about his gifts. He definitely knew that this day was a special day.




 Since I'm usually the one behind the camera I tend to forget or don't get many pictures with me in them. But on birthdays I try to remember to have Ron take a couple pictures for me. These are a couple of my favorites. I think he did a pretty good job. I always love Jaden's snuggles.  That's the best birthday gift he gave to me! I'm still so amazed at how much he has grown. It doesn't feel possible that it's been two years already yet it seems as if he's always been a part of our family. I really do wish that I could freeze time and hold on forever but I also really love to watch him grow and experience new things. It will be exciting to see. We love you so much Jaden Glen! You light up each day! Happy 2nd Birthday!







No comments: