Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Night Ride!

February 23rd, 2013 Ron decided to take the kids on a night bike ride.  I love this about living in California, that even in February it's possible to have nights warm enough for night rides. It would be Jaden's first time in the bike trailer. The kids were all so excited. Jaden loved being outside at night. For him, it doesn't matter what time of day it is anytime outside is the best time. He loved running up and down the side walk with Tristan while Ron and I hooked up the bike trailor to his bike. Jaden wasn't so thrilled about having to wear a helmet however, and was so nervous about getting into the bike trailor. He cried and cried while we put him in and got him buckled up. As a mom it was so hard for me to see him so upset because I knew it was because he was scared and not because he was throwing a fit. My natural instincts were to hug and hold him and let him know he would be safe. I knew this night ride was important to Ron though and I knew Jaden would be okay once they started going, but it was so hard to let go. I'm not going to pretend I wasn't worried and a little nervous watching them go but I was excited for them at the same time. I love watching Ron play with the kids and I love how excited the kids get when they all go off together. I didn't go on the ride with them for a couple reasons. One, I don't have a bike anymore. I gave mine to Kaeryn. And two, Ron likes to take the kids sometimes so I can have some alone time. Even if it is only for a few minutes. Ron also likes to have his special daddy time with the kids. Jaden did calm down once they got moving. But only when they were moving. Each time they would come to a stop he would start to get upset again. It's hard to tell whether he enjoyed the ride or not. I think as time goes on and we go on more rides and he has time to process the whole experience it will be more fun for him. As for everyone else, it was evident that they loved the whole thing and they couldn't wait until they could go again. I think at some point we should invest in getting me a bike so I can go with them. That will be fun!



No comments: