Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


I actually consider myself lucky to have my birthday on Christmas day. My mom and dad were really good at making sure I had a birthday and a Christmas. First thing Christmas morning we would celebrate my birthday. We would have it in my mom and dads room so it was away from the tree. I could choose to stay as long as I wanted to play with my birthday presents. Then when I was ready we would form a train with my dad as the engine and follow him into the family room to celebrate Chirstmas. Then I always got to open the first christmas gift.

Ron has been determined to do the same for me. So every christmas the kids are told that they are not allowed to leave their rooms until daddy comes to get them. He brings the kids into our bedroom, they sing Happy Birthday and then give me my birthday presents. I love this part of the morning because I get to snuggle with everyone in my bed. This year the kids gave me the "Pictionary man" game. Ron gave me some art supplies and a painting that he did himself. This one almost made me cry it was so prescious to me. Then they gave me an ice cream maker. I have wanted one for a long time, I am very excited to see what new inventions I can come up with!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TeresaL said...

What a sweet husband!